Articles by Natural Health Author Paul Fassa
Home Article Directory Healthy Recipes Natural Remedies The TBYIL Supplement & Health Catalog Beating/Avoiding Cancer Pets/Animals Humor Diets/Weight Loss Natural Living Anti-Aging/Longevity Inspiration Contact UsHealth Catalog Contact Us
10 Tips for Good Digestion – The Foundation of Good Health
by Paul Fassa
(The Best Years in Life) These tips are not meant to merely reduce tummy aches and acid indigestion. Why do you think chronic diseases are rising? It's not from insufficient pharmaceuticals or germs. It's because of bad digestion with crappy diets.
The gut, gastrointestinal (GI) tract, is the basis for good health or the creator of chronic disease. This has been a healthcare staple of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and even more so with Ayurveda, India's ancient medicine. In order to make it easier for Big Pharma to garner obscene profits, modern medicine has strayed far from this premise.
We have to take responsibility for , or as the ancient Asian practices assert, ignite and maintain our our digestive fire. Protein foods need to be broken down into amino acids, fats need to be broken down into fatty acids, and carbohydrates need to be broken down into glucose.
the whole GI tract, from mouth to anus. It's not just the stomach that handles it all. The digestion train begins in the mouth, then the stomach takes over churning the food with gastric acids.
The small intestines handle nutrient absorption into the blood stream with enzymes from the pancreas, and the large intestine contains most of those friendly gut bacteria that aid digestion and support the immune system throughout the body.
(1) Take antibiotics only if there is no choice. Otherwise, avoid them. Antibiotics destroy friendly gut bacteria in the small intestines that are vital not only for digestion, but also help monitor and organize immune system killer cells.
So if you're in a compromised situation and forced into taking antibiotics, try colloidal silver or grapefruit seed extract instead. Still, make sure you take a strong probiotic an hour or two after each dose to restore the good guys.
Even better, use high dose ascorbic acid vitamin C, especially liposomal vitamin C supplements that deliver into cells as well as IV mega-dose C therapies without pushing bowel intolerance. Then you won't need to compensate with probiotics. Whatever you do, don't get hooked into long term antibiotic use.
(2) Don't drink cold liquids while eating or just before or afterward. This literally dampens or cools your digestive fire according to TCM and Ayurveda.
(3) Chew slowly. Enzymes are vital to for digestion. They are catalysts for chemically converting foods to nutrients without becoming parts of the nutrients themselves. And besides grinding up the food to make your stomach's job easier, the saliva that's created contains enzymes.
(4) Realize the importance of having sufficient stomach acid. Some recommend a tablespoon or two of organic unfiltered apple cider in some water just before meals. There are also hydrochloric acid (HCL) supplements. Betaine HCL is the least expensive and most commonly available.
(5) Protect your pancreas by If you rely totally on your pancreas to provide the enzymes in the GI tract's small intestinal phase, the pancreas can burn out then you're really in trouble. Preserving your pancreas helps keep proteolytic enzyme or protease production up.
Those are the only self generated enzymes that can break open cancer cells, which exist randomly in everyone, before they colonize and clump together as tumors. They are needed for breaking down complete meat proteins as well. Most meat eating cultures eat considerably less meat than Americans. One doesn't need to become a vegetarian to eat less red meat.
The meat you do eat should be grass fed from real farms, not factory farms that use GMO feed and antibiotics to “beef up” their livestock and protect them from terribly crowded conditions.
Raw fruits and vegetables do contain enzymes that perish from heat. It's not necessary to be a totally raw vegan, but ensure you mix in some uncooked fruits, vegetables, and salads every day. Juicing is a good way to do that. Adding enzyme supplements is also helpful for preserving your pancreas.
(6) Ensure your large intestine has a large probiotic population. Probiotic bacteria should outnumber pathogenic bacteria and fungi with an 80 – 85 percent to 20 – 15 percent ratio. Besides taking probiotic supplements while using antibiotics, it's wise to include fermented foods and kefirs, especially if home made, in our daily diets.
(7) Finally, to ensure , fiber foods and sufficient hydration are necessary. Whole grains and legumes, especially purchased dry and soaked overnight before cooking, should be consumed often. Forget the eight glasses of water daily rule. Drink whatever is necessary to prevent mild dehydration.
(8) Eating and stressing don't mix. Eating on the run or while driving in crazy traffic or at your work station while going through anxious moments can lead to poor digestion and chronic inflammation. Arguments during dinner are digestive destructing atmospheres to mix stress with your food. Perhaps this is why expressing gratitude with grace before meals was invoked.
(9) Stop indulging in SAD (standard American diet), which involve highly processed foods that use harmful oils, sugar galore – including high fructose corn syrup (HFCS), and highly processed carbohydrates that turn into sugars too fast for use. Ignore low fat and no fat choices. Whole fats are better for you, honest. Consume fresh and organic whole foods as much as possible.
(10) Choose the diet that's right for you. There are a few diet types out there, and everyone likes to champion and promote what works for them. But what's right for you takes trial and error or an expert third party evaluation of your body/mind type. There are some blood and body type tests available online for determining what's right for you, but Ayurveda has been doing this for over a millennium.
About the author:
Paul Fassa started looking into natural health to overcome his unhealthy lifestyle. Then he developed more interest as he researched his articles for Natural News and Align Life.
See more natural health articles Here.
To see the latest items on sale at Utopia Silver. click on the above link, or click HERE
Be Sure to Visit our Sponsors and Friends:
THRIVE MARKET - GOOD FOR YOU AND YOUR WALLET
The Best Years in Life uses and highly recommends Malwarebytes
For the best in health information, subscribe toThe Best Years in Life Newsletter featuring articles by Tony M. Isaacs
If you would like to donate to help us keep this web site active and growing, click on the button above. Much thanks! - Tony & Luella
Misty*, My Buddy, Little Rascal & Lady the "found dogs" - Official Mascots of The Best Years in Life
*Rest in peace sweet girl - almost 17 years of wonderful memories.
Check out our newly updated and growing catalog!
The very best hand-picked natural supplements, health products and companies.
The Best Years in Life Free Newsletter isComing Soon!
Stay tuned for the opportunity to sign up for our soon to be launched Free Newsletter. All subscribers will receive a free copy of my upcoming in-depth eReport "How to Make Sure You NEVER Get Cancer".
Nutrition Now PB 8® Pro-Biotic Acidophilus For Life™
A pro-biotic with prebiotic fuel to help you feel nourished and balanced.
A daily supplement
for digestion support†.
14 billion naturally beneficial bacteria.
Pro-biotic and prebiotic formula for optimum nutrition.
Free of soy, milk and gluten.
Made in the USA and packaged in BPA-free bottles
Enzyme Protocols may reduce arterial plaque, reduce scarring and relieve sore muscles and stiff joints.
Contains about 30 ppm of .9999 pure silver in de-ionized water. Silver inhibits the growth of one-celled organisms, (such as bacteria and viruses) by deactivating the organism's oxygen metabolism enzymes. In turn, this destroys its' cell membranes, stopping the replication of its' DNA.
100% Organic MicroComplexed™ IntraCELL™ Level IV Technology ~ 415 Nutrients All-In-One, Perfect Whole Foods & Phyto Nutrition ~ Super Energizing ~ All Natural Defense. The Most Scientifically Advanced, Clinically Proven, Health Promoting Organic Nutritional Supplement Available Today!
The Krill Miracle™
Nerium Oleander Pure Concentrate (OPC) Extract is an herbal supplement in a capsule form. Supreme immune booster and modulator, enhances health at the cellular level, increases energy and stamina and helps eliminate abnormal cell growth.
"If I had cancer or wanted to make sure that I never got cancer and was limited to just one supplement, this is the one I would choose"- Tony Isaacs, author of "Cancer's Natural Enemy".
Rose Laurel Enterprises
P O Box 121 Cooper TX 75432 Phone: 903-886-2436 Fax: 903-829-3434 Email: Dquixote1217[at]gmail.com- (replace [at] with @)
Disclaimer: The information on this page and on this website has not been evaluated by the FDA. We do not diagnose, treat, cure or prevent illness or disease - instead, we try to help people learn how to do so themselves. Anyone who believes they have a serious medical condition or health issue should seek diagnoses from a qualified medical professional before making any decisions on how to best address their health. We do not sell or advocate drugs, nor do we make any claims that anything advocated or sold on this website is a drug. Furthermore, anyone contemplating using any products or information on this website must accept such use as experimental and voluntary. No claims are made regarding the therapeutic use of the products or information on this website and all products featured or sold on this website must be considered nutritional supplements only.