Click above to Bookmark this page for yourself and/or share it with your friends
Click on the links below for "The Best" in:
The Best Years in Life Recommends:
Concentrated Omega 3, 6 & 9, Many Times More Powerful than Fish Oil
The Best Years in Life
Crusted Chicken with Grilled Peach Salsa
A cooler season is just around the corner, but summer’s produce can still be found. This recipe features sweet peaches, grilled and mixed with fresh mint and spicy jalapeños for a cancer-fighting fruit salsa. One medium-size peach contains about 58 calories along with beta-carotene and other carotenoids – antioxidant phytochemicals that protect us from cancer. Spread on top of lean, panko-coated chicken for a protein-rich meal that’s a perfect combination of sweet and savory.
(As always, choose organic content as much as possible for the healthiest recipe.)
1. Coat grill or grill pan lightly with cooking oil. Heat to medium high heat. Place peaches flesh side down and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes until peach is tender and heated through. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
2. In a medium bowl, mix remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper. When peaches are cool enough to handle chop into chunks, add and gently toss to thoroughly combine salsa. Cover and set aside for at least 30 minutes or make in advance and refrigerate.
Makes about 2½ cups
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a baking sheet lightly with cooking oil and set aside.
2. In bowl, season panko with garlic powder, cayenne pepper if using and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Place egg in shallow bowl and panko crumbs in another bowl. Dip chicken into egg, then dredge chicken in panko crumbs. Arrange on baking sheet repeating with remaining cutlets.
4. Bake chicken on each side for 10 minutes for total cooking time of 20 minutes. Then broil for about 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Serve chicken with peach salsa on top and garnish with fresh mint leaves or lime wedges.
Makes 4 servings. Serving= 1 chicken cutlet with 1/4 cup peach salsa.
Per serving: 214 calories, 4 g total fat (1 g saturated fat), 17 g carbohydrate, 27 g protein, 3 g dietary fiber, 121 mg sodium.
To return to our list of Healthy Recipes, click HERE.
Your website hosts Tony Isaacs and Luella Isaacs
Misty, My Buddy, Little Rascal & Lady the "found dogs" - Official Mascots of The Best Years in Life
For the best in health information, subscribe to The Best Years in Life Newsletter featuring articles by Tony M. Isaacs
The plant you need to make your own home remedy for cancer, HIV-AIDS, hepatitis-C & more may be growing in your back yard! Read all about this proven remedy plus much more on how to naturally beat illness and live a long and healthy life.