Make the rest of your years
The Best Years in Life
|Home Article Directory Health News/Information Healthy Recipes TBYIL Radio Podcasts Remedies Beating/Avoiding Cancer Natural Living Anti-Aging/Longevity Pets/Animals Humor Inspiration|
Boosts memory, mood, focus, helps relieve joint pain and much more.
Zeolites are naturally occurring volcanic mineral compounds with a negative magnetic charge and a unique crystalline cage-like structure which draws in many harmful toxins.
NAC SUSTAIN is in a bilayer Quick Release / Sustained Release format of N-ACETYL-L-CYSTEINE (NAC), a powerful antioxidant amino acid and a precursor to the critical antioxidant glutathione.
Glutathione is important for DNA repair and exerts a variety of protective effects, including detoxification and intracellular defense against oxidative stress.
An essential complimentary supplement for use with Sutherlandia OPC or Rose Laurel OPC Plus.
100% Organic MicroComplexed™ IntraCELL™ Level IV Technology ~ 415 Nutrients All-In-One, Perfect Whole Foods & Phyto Nutrition ~ Super Energizing ~ All Natural Defense. The Most Scientifically Advanced, Clinically Proven, Health Promoting Organic Nutritional Supplement Available Today!
The Best Colloidal Silver on the Planet! If you would like to donate to help us keep this web site active and growing, click on the button above. Much thanks! - Tony & Luella
Home care solutions provide gout pain relief for painful feet
by JB Bardot
(The Best Years in Life) Oh, the pain. That agonizing, crippling, mind-numbing agony from chronic gout attacks that begs for immediate gout pain relief for burning hot, swollen toes, feet and ankles. The gout sufferer can change his diet, take medications, use herbs and alternative treatments, but anyone who has suffered the excruciating pains of gouty arthritis knows there are no quick fixes for joint pain relief from gout attacks. The next best thing is to provide a variety of home care aids to help the unfortunate patient cope during an attack while waiting for various medications and supplements to kick in.
Below is a list of home care solutions that can be easily implemented enabling a person disabled with gout to maintain his or her dignity and remain somewhat independent.
Foot baths using Epsom salts soothe painful feet, relieve some of the swelling and inflammation and provide a natural remedy for gout. Add some organic apple cider vinegar for an additional soothing, natural gout cure.
Use lukewarm water in a footbath large enough to comfortably place both feet in the container. Add half a cup each of Epsom salts and apple cider vinegar to the water. Soak for 20 minutes as many times during the day as needed.
Making the Patient Ambulatory
Giving the gout patient a way to move around the house freely saves his dignity and allows him to help himself during a gout attack.
• Purchase a rolling secretary chair. Be sure it has a large enough seat to be comfortable and offers adequate back support. Check to be sure the wheels are secure and roll freely on floors. The chair should have five wheels for best balance. Be sure the chair seat height is adjustable. This is a great way to get around the house during gout attacks. Consider removing carpeting from the area where the gout patient spends most of his time and keeping floors bare to make movement easier. Chairs move easier on hardwood or vinyl floors. Measure to be sure chair will fit easily through doors and hallways. An individual can sit in a chair like this and scoot around with the foot that isn't hurting, allowing her freedom of movement.
• Remove high thresholds from doorways between rooms to allow for rolling chairs or walkers to pass easily. Replace with thin metal threshold strips that lay flush to the floor or smooth and leave the section flat without a threshold strip.
• Install a ramp to make it easier to navigate steps. If there are too many steps for a ramp, install a chair rail system on your stairs.
• Keep a cane on hand to help with walking when the gout sufferer is feeling unsteady. Using a cane is great to help steer and push the rolling chair when one's legs are too week to do so.
• Buy a walker with wheels and a seat -- called a rollator -- for those who suffer frequent gout attacks. These can take the place of rolling chairs, although not quite as comfortable. Always make sure they are equipped with easy-to-work hand brakes and that the walker will fit through doors, hallways and around furniture.
Provide Ways to Relieve Pressure on Feet for Gout Pain Relief
• Keep legs elevated on a stool that is the same height as the chair seat and place a pillow under the legs to relieve pressure on painful ankles and heels during gouty arthritis attacks.
Copyright 2012 Jean JB Bardot, all rights reserved worldwide
JB Bardot is trained in herbal medicine and homeopathy, and has a post graduate degree in holistic nutrition. Bardot cares for both people and animals, using alternative approaches to health care and lifestyle. She writes about wellness, green living, alternative medicine, holistic nutrition, homeopathy, herbs and naturopathic medicine.