Click above to Bookmark this page for yourself and/or share it with your friends
Click on the links below for "The Best" in:
The Best Years in Life Recommends:
Concentrated Omega 3, 6 & 9, Many Times More Powerful than Fish Oil
The Best Years in Life
Greek Turkey Sliders
Summer may be winding down, but don’t pack that grill up just yet. This unique recipe for sliders is full of flavor without being full of fat. Lean ground turkey is a healthier alternative to red meat, but can be drier when cooked. By mixing feta, spinach and an egg white into the patties, the meat stays tender. Adding the Greek marinade also helps them stay moist and reduces the formation of carcinogens associated with grilling and smoke.
(As always, choose organic content as much as possible for the healthiest recipe.)
1. Place lemon juice in small bowl. Add garlic, mashing it with fork to bruise slices. Add oregano, salt and 4 grinds pepper and mix. Mix in olive oil. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside for 20 minutes.
2. Brush clean gas or charcoal grill lightly with oil and preheat to medium-high heat.
3. Place turkey, egg white and mashed potatoes in mixing bowl and combine, using fork. Holding spinach leaves in one hand over bowl, with other hand, use scissors to cut spinach into thin strips, letting them fall into bowl. Add feta and 4 grinds pepper, and mix to combine. Moistening your hands with cold water, form turkey mixture into 7 patties.
4. Divide marinade between 2 bowls. Using marinade from one bowl, brush burgers on both sides. Mix mayonnaise into second bowl, and set aside.
5. Grill burgers until an instant-read thermometer inserted into center reads 160 degrees F., 6 minutes, turning them every 1 1/2 minutes. Transfer burgers to plate and set aside for 5 minutes; the internal temperature will rise to 165 degrees F. Meanwhile, warm buns, cut side down, on grill.
6. Place burger on bottom of each bun. Add one-seventh of flavored mayonnaise. Top the burgers with tomato slice, onion slice, cucumber slic, and lettuce leaf. Serve immediately.
Makes 7 servings. 1 slider per serving (includes bun and toppings).
Per serving:280 calories, 9 g fat (2 g sat fat), 31 g carbohydrates, 23 g protein 4 g fiber, 600 mg sodium.
To return to our list of Healthy Recipes, click HERE.
Your website hosts Tony Isaacs and Luella May
Misty, My Buddy, Little Rascal & Lady the "found dogs" - Official Mascots of The Best Years in Life
For the best in health information, subscribe to The Best Years in Life Newsletter featuring articles by Tony M. Isaacs
The plant you need to make your own home remedy for cancer, HIV-AIDS, hepatitis-C & more may be growing in your back yard! Read all about this proven remedy plus much more on how to naturally beat illness and live a long and healthy life.