Click above to Bookmark this page for yourself and/or share it with your friends
Click on the links below for "The Best" in:
The Best Years in Life Recommends:
100% Organic MicroComplexed™ IntraCELL™ Level IV Technology ~ 415 Nutrients All-In-One, Perfect Whole Foods & Phyto Nutrition ~ Super Energizing ~ All Natural Defense. The Most Scientifically Advanced, Clinically Proven, Health Promoting Organic Nutritional Supplement Available Today!
The Best Years in Life
Enjoy a Healthy Change of Pace for Breakfast with Meatless Tacos
Try a delicious and healthy change of pace for breakfast with these breakfast tacos which use no unhealthy processed meats and are made with healthier wheat tortillas and homemade pico de gallo (directions included below).
Healthy Breakfast Tacos
1. Put the potatoes in a large saucepan and add enough cold salted water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, about 25 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Refrigerate until chilled, at least two hours or overnight.
2. Peel the potatoes and cut into small cubes. In a large frying pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the potato cubes and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 10 minutes. Add half of the onion and cook, stirring often, until softened , about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
3. Meanwhile in a bowl, whisk together the eggs, 3/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper just until thoroughly blended. Do not over beat. Return the pan with the potatoes to medium-low heat. Add the egg mixture to the pan and cook until the eggs begin to set, about 20 seconds. Stir with a heatproof spatula, scraping up the eggs on the bottom and sides of the pan and folding them toward the centre. Repeat until the eggs are barely cooked into moist curds. Remove the pan from the heat and let stand to allow the residual heat to finish cooking the eggs, about 1 minute.
4. Fill the tortillas with equal amounts of the potato egg mixture, sprinkle with cheese and top with a spoonful of the pico de gallo.
1. In a non-reactive bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice and jalapeno. Season with salt. Cover and let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 hours.
Modified from the recipe found at: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/breakfast-comforts-cookbook/
For a wide variety of other healthy recipes, see: