Click above to Bookmark this page for yourself and/or share it with your friends
Click on the links below for "The Best" in:
The Best Years in Life Recommends:
Concentrated Omega 3, 6 & 9, Many Times More Powerful than Fish Oil
The Best Years in Life
Herbed Rice with Mushrooms and Wilted Spinach
Add layers of flavor without fat by combining your favorite herbs with a basic dish like the one featured here. Each bite of rice contains notes of versatile oregano, fragrant parsley and earthy thyme. Mushrooms add texture and fiber to fill you up fast and keep you feeling energized. The flavor of the spinach is a bit understated here, but the nutritional flavor of this leafy green is still present--Research has shown that foods rich in folate, like spinach can help reduce your risk of pancreatic cancer.
(As always, choose organic content as much as possible for the healthiest recipe.)
1. Combine water, butter, and bouillon in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil.
2. Add rice, soy sauce, onion powder and herbs.
3. In a separate pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté onions for 5 minutes, and then add mushrooms and sauté together until golden. Then add spinach and lower temperature to low and cook until spinach wilts. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. Reduce heat over rice mixture. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
5. Once rice is cooked, fluff with a fork and gently toss in the sautéed vegetables.
Makes 5 servings.
Per serving: 180 calories, 5 g total fat (1 g saturated fat), 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g protein, 2 g dietary fiber, 225 mg sodium.
To return to our list of Healthy Recipes, click HERE.
Your website hosts Tony Isaacs and Luella May
Misty, My Buddy, Little Rascal & Lady the "found dogs" - Official Mascots of The Best Years in Life
For the best in health information, subscribe to The Best Years in Life Newsletter featuring articles by Tony M. Isaacs
The plant you need to make your own home remedy for cancer, HIV-AIDS, hepatitis-C & more may be growing in your back yard! Read all about this proven remedy plus much more on how to naturally beat illness and live a long and healthy life.