Click above to Bookmark this page for yourself and/or share it with your friends
Click on the links below for "The Best" in:
The Best Years in Life Recommends:
Concentrated Omega 3, 6 & 9, Many Times More Powerful than Fish Oil
The Best Years in Life
Marinated Veggie Open-Faced Sandwiches
These open-faced summertime sandwiches feature vibrant, nutrient-packed veggies. Along with fiber and essential vitamins and minerals, a diet rich in colorful vegetables provides important cancer-fighting phytochemicals. Serve on toasted whole-grain bread or pita.
(As always, choose organic content as much as possible for the healthiest recipe.)
1. Cut zucchini and yellow squash into 1/4-inch slices horizontally. Cut both ends off the bell pepper. Then, cut the pepper in half twice, creating 4 pieces.
2. In a large bowl, marinate the vegetables in balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper, and a pinch of sugar, if desired. Add the vegetables and toss to coat with the marinade.
3. Marinate for 2 hours to overnight. (If in a hurry, 30 minutes will suffice).
4. Over hot coals or on an indoor, lightly oiled grill, grill vegetables until just tender, turning once.
5. Distribute vegetables evenly over bread and cut into wedges. Garnish each with basil and Parmesan cheese.
Makes 4 sandwiches.
Per sandwich: 259 calories, 6 g total fat (2 g saturated fat), 43 g carbohydrate, 10 g protein, 5 g dietary fiber, 482 mg sodium.
To return to our list of Healthy Recipes, click HERE.
Your website hosts Tony Isaacs and Luella May
Misty, My Buddy, Little Rascal & Lady the "found dogs" - Official Mascots of The Best Years in Life
For the best in health information, subscribe to The Best Years in Life Newsletter featuring articles by Tony M. Isaacs
The plant you need to make your own home remedy for cancer, HIV-AIDS, hepatitis-C & more may be growing in your back yard! Read all about this proven remedy plus much more on how to naturally beat illness and live a long and healthy life.