Click above to Bookmark this page for yourself and/or share it with your friends
Click on the links below for "The Best" in:
The Best Years in Life Recommends:
Concentrated Omega 3, 6 & 9, Many Times More Powerful than Fish Oil
The Best Years in Life
Risotto with Fresh Asparagus
This recipe is a a classic asparagus risotto recipe which can be made vegan by substituting vegetable broth/stock for the chicken broth. You also can easily dress up with the recipe with some lemon zest, lump crab meat, green onions, truffle salt, fresh thyme or chopped mint.
(As always, for the very healthiest versions of any recipe choose organic content as much as possible.)
1. Heat the broth in a saucepan and keep it hot over low heat.
2. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a separate medium-sized pot. Add the onion and cook until it turns translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the rice to the onion mixture, stir and turn the heat to low. Add about 1 cup of the hot broth to the rice mixture, and stir slowly until the broth is absorbed.
4. Continue to add the broth 1 cup at a time, stirring slowly, letting the rice absorb the broth before adding more.
5. Add the wine slowly to the broth.
6.. While the risotto is cooking, blanch the asparagus in boiling salted water until just tender, about 2 minutes. Drain.
7. The risotto is cooked when it is creamy on the outside and slightly firm (al dente) in the center, about 20 to 25 minutes in all. Stir in half of the Parmesan cheese and half of the asparagus. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If the risotto is too thick, add a little more broth until it becomes creamy.
8. Divide the risotto into serving dishes and sprinkle with the remaining cheese and asparagus.
To return to our list of Healthy Recipes, click HERE.
Your website hosts Tony Isaacs and Luella Isaacs
Misty, My Buddy, Little Rascal & Lady the "found dogs" - Official Mascots of The Best Years in Life
For the best in health information, subscribe to The Best Years in Life Newsletter featuring articles by Tony M. Isaacs
The plant you need to make your own home remedy for cancer, HIV-AIDS, hepatitis-C & more may be growing in your back yard! Read all about this proven remedy plus much more on how to naturally beat illness and live a long and healthy life.